To be honest I find I much prefer to eat my own risotto at home then have any I have tasted in restaurants *inserts a smirky grin here*.
Even with inferior saucepans to work with I managed to turn out probably one of my best risottos ever.
You will find the recipe below.
4 Italian Sausages*
1 cup Mushrooms, chopped*
1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
1 litre vegetable Stock
1 large onion, diced
2 gloves garlic, crushed
1 cup dry white wine*
1/4 cup grated packaged parmesan
2 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper
salt and pepper
1. Bring the vegetable stock to boil.
2. Cook sausages fully then slice thinnly, set aside until Step 6.
3. Saute onions and garlic in 1 tbsp of butter in a deep saucepan.
4. Add rice and cook for 2 minutes than add wine to rice mixture until it is absorbed.
5. Begin to add small amounts of the boiling vegetable stock to the rice, stirring constantly and allowing the liquid to be absorbed, fully, before adding more.
6. When adding the last remaining bit of stock also add the sliced sausage and chopped mushrooms.
7. Once all stock has been reduced and absorbed add parmesan, remaining butter and season to taste. You may wish to had additional parmesan at this stage, just go off your own preferred taste.
9. Garnish with parsley and grate fresh parmesan on top. Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!
* Italian sausages can be found in the deli section of your supermarket
* Swiss mushrooms are nicest in this dish however if unavailable button mushrooms are fine (we often don't get Swiss here so make do with button)